16th GM4O - Mountain Marathon
GM4O provide 3 qualifying points for "Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®"
1. ORGANISERS OF THE EVENT:
TD Podbrdo and LTO Sotočje in collaboration with the Slovenian Mountain Running Association at the Slovenian Athletics Association.
Saturday 17 June, 2017, start at 8 AM
3. START LINE:
Podbrdo (altitude 520 m)
4. FINISH LINE:
Podbrdo (altitude 520 m).
Anticipated time of the winner: 4 hours.
Crossing the territory of four municipalities - Bohinj, Cerkno, Tolmin and Železniki – it takes runners along First World War Italian mule tracks and mountain paths leading across the slopes of Črna prst and Porezen.
Its length is 42,2 km and the total altitude difference of ascents and descents is 5600 m (ascents: 2800 m, descents: 2800 m) (see track profile).
6. COMPETITION CATEGORIES:
Categories are divided by following:
- Slovenian national championship:
- GM4O absolute:
- Other categories:
Men/Women - born 1978 - 1999: 18 to 39 years
Men/Women - born 1968 - 1977: 40 to 49 years
Men/Women - born 1958 - 1967: 50 to 59 years
Men/Women - born 1948 - 1957: 60 to 69 years
Men/Women - born 1947 and earlier: over 70 years
For a category to be valid at least three runners in such category should reach the destination (finish line) so that an announcement of results can be made. If these conditions are not met the category is attached to the next stronger (younger) category.
Time will be measured with RF chip for single use on the back side of the bib number.
8. REFRESHMENTS STATIONS:
There are 18 refreshment stations on route (see track profile).
At the refreshment point will be available water, juice (Cedevita), Isostar energy drink and light food. At the finish line there will be another refreshment station with beverages, fruit cups and warm meals.
9. EQUIPMENT DEPOSIT/CHECK:
Runners can leave their equipment in specially prepared bags at the allocated location 15 minutes before the start.
10. TIME LIMIT FOR THE RACE:
Time limit for the race is 9 hours. Closing time in Hudajužna is after 5 hours (at 1 PM). This means that runners reaching the 25 km mark at Hudajužna after 1 PM of running will not be permitted to continue the race.
Runners failing to finish corresponding distances at stipulated time limit shall cease the race. Runners will be directed on the shortest way to get back to Podbrdo.
11. AWARDS AND PRIZE MONEY:
The awards ceremony will take place once the race is finished at 5 PM in Podbrdo, with award categories for the top three male and female places.
Three highest ranked male and female in Slovenian national championship category receive medals.
The three absolute highest ranked male competitors and the three absolute highest female competitors receive prizes and monetary awards:
300 EUR - 1st place
200 EUR - 2nd place
100 EUR - 3rd place
A medals shall be awarded to top three in each cathegorie.
A special prize shall be awarded to the oldest participant.
12. THE REGISTRATION FOR THE RACE:
- Registration is possible through the official website untill by the closing date on 15 June, 2016 and until the fulfilment of applications for the race (limited to 400 runners).
- The registration will be accredited with the payment of entry fee for the race.
- Entry fee is not refundable nor transferable for the next year.
- The race will be limited to 400 runners. In the case of higher number of applicants the organiser will accept the runners in accordance with the rule first paid, first served.
- The list of runners with race numbers (bib numbers) will be published on official website www.gm4o.si
- Registration on spot (at the event) IS possible (we can not assure goody bag and personalised BIB)
13. PAYMENT FOR THE ENTRY FEE:
- The organisation fee depends on the date of entry:
40€ for entries before 31 December 2016
50€ for entries before 31 May 2017
60€ for entries before 9 June 2017
60€ forentries from 10 June to 17 June 2017 (we can not assure goody bag and personalised BIB)
- Entry fee should be transfered on organiser's account:
- Please, do not forget to write down the runner's name and surname.
- The entry fee will not be refunded due extensive organisational needs of the event.
14. ORGANISER WILL PROVIDE:
- Practical gift.
- 18 refreshment points on route with beverages and snacks.
- Timing with chips.
- Full medical support during the event.
- Pasta with sauce at evening befre marathon.
- Beverages and fruits at the finish line.
- Warm meal and a drink after the race.
- Transport of walking poles is provided to Hudajužna.
- Showers and specialized physical therapists for sport massages at event area.
- Accomodation assistance
- The organiser does not provide transport of walking poles from Porezen.
15. COLLECTING RACE NUMBERS:
Friday 16 June, 2017, in Podbrdo at the event area (»na Bazenu«), from 6 PM to 8 PM.
Saturday 17 June, 2017 on the day of the race, in Podbrdo at the event area (»na Bazenu«), from 6 AM to 7.30 AM.
16. TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Minors (under 18) are not allowed to participate.
2. Runners are inssured at the third-party insurance policy at Zavarovalnica Triglav d.d.
3. Runners must stay on the official course at all times. It is the responsibility of each runner to know the course and follow signposts (please see the course map to learn the course before race day). Participants, who leave the course will automatically be disqualified and also those, who take a shortcut or jump into the race from halfway.
4. On the parts where the trail meets the road, runners should follow the road traffic and traffic signals regulations.
5. Any individual assistance outside the refreshment stations is prohibited, as is support in the race.The runner arriving at a refreshment station or control check-point must follow the instructions given by the volunteers and will be required to comply with them.
6. Walking poles are tolerated only for individual runers FOR NATIONAL TEAM WLDCh 2016 are FORBIDEN!
7. The mountain rescue team (GRS) will set up a medical aid posts along the route and they would be in constant contact with the directing stuff (organiser). Volunteers will be assigned along the route to maintain race order and to check attendance of runners. Runners may seek help with them for any problems.
8. Organiser can disqualify a runner for throwing waste on the route and outside designated areas. Organiser aim to ensure that all runners do not litter the race course and instead use the garbage can in specifics areas.
9. The event will be carried out in any weather conditions. However, in the event of such a bad weather that would impact the runners safety, the organiser reserve the right to stop or modify the time barries of the event. The modify/alternative route is: mountain pass Vrh Bače – Bača village - Kacenpoh – Kalarsko brdo – and from there the route of GM4o.
10. The runner acknowledges and agrees that the activity organised or conducted by the organiser is in the nature of an “extreme sport” and as such, has inherent dangers and risks, including risk of injury or death to the participant.
11. Runners acknowledge that they are voluntarily applying to participate in the GM4O and they agree to the terms, conditions and recommendations of the event. Runners should also understand that these rules may be amended, modified or improved at any time by the organiser.
17. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: